Monday, November 1, 2010

Dip to make with Pepper Jelly

As many of my clients know and some have receive Pepper Jelly from me. It reminds me of my boating years on Lake Winnepesaukee with my family in Braun Bay. We would drop anchor and have bagel chips with cream cheese topped with Pepper Jelly YUMM! After moving to Edmond Oklahome it was hard for me to located the yummy jelly, a few friends made it, but just wasnt the same. I even had some shipped in from the Lollipop company that made it. Now there is a great gourmet shop on Danforth between Kelly and Santa Fe called Woods Floral, and they have the yummy jelly. Well Janie the owner sent me this dip to make with it, and it is yummy!!! So I thought I would sharethis is a great recipe to use with jellys. enjoy!
janie at woods floral.


Gone in 60 Seconds!
(makes about 2.5 cups)

This is a quick and easy, drop-dead delicious spread for crackers.
Ingredients
• 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

• 1 c. chopped pecans

• 1 c. chopped green onion

• 1/4 c. mayo (for a looser dip) OR 1/2 c. softened cream cheese (if you prefer a formed ball or torta)

• 1/4 c. to 1/2 c. liz & lindas pepper jelly

Preparation
Combine cheese, pecans, green onion, mayo or cream cheese. At this point this mixture can be frozen for later use. Chill for a few hours and place on pretty plate and spoon jam over the top of the dip just before serving. This is great with crackers!
!

1 comment:

Doug Brenner said...

Most people haven't ever tried pepper jelly and they have missed out on one of life's simple pleasures. Do just as Heidi said and spread over cream cheese and a cracker and you're in for a real treat. Don't let the name scare you, it's not very spicy and tastes wonderful. I'll have to try the recipe and will let you know.